One of my first original items I crocheted and sold on my shop was my koala bear with a rose (sometimes bouquet of flowers depending on my supplies) who I dubbed, "koalaty time amigurumi." My sister makes cards and a few months ago I came across her "let's spend some koalaty time together" card featuring a male and female koala. Even though she totally stole my play on words, I couldn't deny the cuteness and decided to collaborate my koalaty time with hers. Thus, the koalaty sisters produced this listing today:
My sister just started posting her cards for sale and I hope this listing will help her out! Now I just have to push myself more to complete the other collaborations we have in the makings!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I took this questionaire years ago that, whether true or convenient, had some of the most self-enlightening results. Here is the copy of it (if you want to do this questionaire I suggest you answer the questions alongside your read before you scroll down!):
1) Name your favorite animal. Why is it your favorite?Lovebird; they can be loving and nurturing, as well as vicious. They make good companions when you treat them well, and are really cute.
2) Second favorite? Why?Otter; they are happy and have fun, living life relaxing, floating peacefully on their backs, basking in the sun. I imagine they feel really warm and good.
3) You are standing in front of a brick wall. What are you thinking?I'm thinking about how massive and sturdy it is, and how terrifying it would be if it were to
crumble and fall on me.
4) You are standing outside, facing the ocean. It is perfectly clear, not a cloud in sight, and the water is completely calm. What are you thinking?I'm thinking how soothing and perfect things seem, and wondering how long it'll stay like this.
5) Choose one: Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Explain your choice.Coffee; it always satisfies me and makes me feel stable and happy.
Ready? Scroll down.
1) This is reflective of how you see yourself.
2) This is what you wish you could be.
3) This is your attitude towards life.
4) This is your attitude towards death.
5) This is your attitude towards sex!
I truly wish I was an otter for a day.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Inspired by my previous food product amigurumi, I wanted to do a collection of toasts. Long ago when I first opened shop on etsy, I hand sewed a felt plushie "buttered toast." He had a slab of butter on his forehead and toasted cheeks. I decided to recreate this in crochet form, as well as incorporate my damaged toast, and the ingenious, politically incorrect "french toast."
They make me so happy when I look at them. They've also already gotten me some really cute fan appreciation photos:
The support is amazing! Be sure to send me your photos if you get your hands on your own! : )